Saturday, July 20, 2013

one more futterer


At the beginning of the summer Jeff and I packed up his car, picked up my grandfather, and headed up the mountain for a fishing/camping trip on the Kern River. Once the sun fell we huddled over the camp fire and the Sequoias were peering over us like quiet protectors.  I thought it was an appropriate time to ask him when he wanted to start a family, especially because I've been wanted to ask him this for years.  He calmly uttered, "Welp, when I've got the right girl and the timing is right," I responded with, "Well, I just think you'd make a wonderful father".

It's a fond memory of mine for many reasons, one of them being that, thorough recent knowledge, that will have been the last camping trip we'll take together without his family coming along with us. 

My uncle is having a baby and getting married to a beautiful person, inside and out. I beam with happiness just at the thought of him becoming a father and taking care of his own munchkin. He was a wonderful example to me and I'm forever in debt to his kindness and love, his child is eternally blessed to have him as a father. 

   Cutest fetus I've ever seen. 
He's a natural--that blanket currently resides on my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment